Want to know more about what the HISD BOARD does?
HISD BOARD INFO & MEETING CALENDAR
ICAL FEED INSTRUCTIONS:
Please use the below web address to access your HISD BOARD MEETING CALENDAR from other applications.
You can copy and paste this into any calendar product that supports the iCal format.
- iOS Devices (iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad)
- Android Devices and Google Calendar
- Microsoft Outlook
- Other Calendar Programs
BOARD OF EDUCATION
- The Board of Education is the official policy-making body of the Houston Independent School District. The nine trustees, elected from separate districts, serve staggered four-year terms.
- The board holds public meetings at 5:00 p.m. on the second Thursday of every month in the HISD Board Auditorium, 4400 West 18th Street.
- Agendas and meeting notices are available online.
- 2021 Election ResultsView results from the Nov. 2, 2021 election
- Trustee Request FormInvite a trustee to a community meeting
Please be advised that speaker registration now closes at 12:00 p.m. (noon) the day before the meeting, and speakers now have the option of speaking in person or live via Zoom.
ADDRESSING THE BOARD AT BOARD MEETINGS
The Board of Education welcomes members of the community to speak on subjects related to the school district. Community members can address the board in one of two ways:
- Speakers to Agenda Items – During any board meeting, people may speak about items on the agenda for that meeting.
- Hearing of the Community – During the regular monthly board meeting, people may speak about a district-related subject not covered by an item on the meeting agenda.