- HISD magnet program gets a reprieve as budget hole shrinks (Houston Chronicle, February 27, 2018, (pdf))
- HISD Budget Workshop Slides, February 26, 2018 (pdf)
- HISD Budget Workshop Slides, February 1, 2018 (pdf)
- HISD Proposed Budget and Magnet Changes, January 30, 2018 (pdf)
How can you make a difference? Here are some ideas (updated periodically):
- Attend one of the Magnet Town Hall Meetings:
- Attend the HISD Budget Workshop on Thursday, March 22 at 11:00 am at the Hattie Mae White Educational Support Center (4400 W 18th St, Houston, TX 77092), Board Auditorium.
- Attend the District VIII Town Hall Meeting at 6:00 p.m. on Monday, March 26 at Austin High School (1700 Dumble, Houston, TX 77023).
- Carpools to the meeting will be leaving from CVHS at 5:15 pm
- Reach out to your HISD trustee and let them know your opinions on the proposed changes.
- Here is a sample letter / email (Microsoft Word document – download, edit and use as you wish!) you can send to your trustee (just fill in/replace the highlighted areas).
- Here are some talking points (also a Word document) for you to consider when discussing the proposed changes.
- Join the Facebook group “parents against hisd magnet change proposals and centralization” for additional ideas and resources.
Need Adobe Acrobat Reader? Visit https://get.adobe.com/reader/ or get the app from your app store.