- HISD Budget Workshop, February 1, 2018 (pdf)
- HISD Proposed Budget and Magnet Changes, January 30, 2018 (pdf)
How can you make a difference? Here are some ideas:
- Attend the February 8, 2018 HISD Board Meeting. Here is the official agenda. Wear your CVHS gear and/or register to speak (register by 9:30 am on the day of the meeting – note that the allotted time for each speaker is now only ONE MINUTE due to volume of requests to speak).
- Reach out to your HISD trustee and let them know your opinions on the proposed changes.
- Here is a sample letter / email (Microsoft Word document – download, edit and use as you wish!) you can send to your trustee (just fill in/replace the highlighted areas).
- Here are some talking points (also a Word document) for you to consider when discussing the proposed changes.
- Join the Facebook group “parents against hisd magnet change proposals and centralization” for additional ideas and resources.
Need Adobe Acrobat Reader? Visit https://get.adobe.com/reader/ or get the app from your app store.